Nicolas-Jay is the story of a three-decade friendship between famed Burgundian winemaker Jean-Nicolas Méo and visionary music entrepreneur Jay Boberg, and their shared love of Oregon Pinot Noir.
It is also the story of their desire to build something lasting together, while creating a distinctive expression of great Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. This is achieved by applying viticultural and winemaking experience gained from working with the Grands Crus of Burgundy to the finest fruit in Oregon.
This includes grapes from the older vines from Nicolas-Jay’s own organically farmed Bishop Creek Vineyard on the hillsides of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA, as well as grapes from other top Willamette Valley vineyards, including Nysa, Momtazi and Zenith.
From these sites, Jean-Nicolas, Jay and talented associate winemaker Tracy Kendall make alluring and expressive wines that convey the unique character of Oregon Pinot Noir.
- Year founded: 2014
- Number of bottles produced: 36.000
- In charge of winemaking: Jean-Nicolas Méo
- In charge of vineyard management: Ryan Wilkinson
- Name of Company contact: Kayt Mathers
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +1-971-412-1124
- Website: https://nicolas-jay.com