The vineyard was established in 1979, by a dentist John Austwick. He had a passion for Bordeaux blends and that is what he initially planted. The Vineyard was sold in 2009 as the owner lost interest after 2 years.
For 2 years the vineyard was left untended until we purchased in 2013. A lot of hard work went into getting the vines back into some sort of order. We are now producing around 45 Tons of fruit. We have a 6Ha development that is partially completed. This came to halt when COVID hit. It will get back underway in the next couple of years. We have picked this year for a sparkling Rose & a vintage sparkling.
The homestead that sits above the vineyard was built in 1836 and is made of Bluestone, sandstone and local rocks. It has been fully refurbished recently and is one of the most photographed houses in Tasmania.
- Number of bottles produced: 42.000
- In charge of winemaking: Barry Kooij
- In charge of vineyard management: Alex Travers
- Name of Company contact: Alex Travers
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +61 0499901109
- Website: https://craigieknowe.com.au
Craigie Knowe Vineyard
80 Glen Gala Rd.
7190 Cranbrook Tasmania Australia