The words Anam Cara are Celtic for \"friend of my soul\" and represent rare friendships that transcend time and distance.
Originally from Lodi, California (Nick) and Scotland (Sheila) the couple met in London while Sheila was in Public Relations and Nick was the European Marketing Manager for a US-based corporation. When Nick returned stateside in 1981, they were married in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Together, they opened a small chain of family-serving pizza parlors first in Benicia, California, and then in the Napa Valley. It was when they moved to St. Helena that their immersion in the world of wine began.
In 2001, the family came to Oregon, purchasing a rundown walnut, plum and filbert orchard which was to become the home of Nicholas Vineyard and Anam Cara Cellars wines. Nick and Sheila continue to farm the vineyard, assisted by their two dogs, Buck and Missy who welcome visitors and help keep the vineyard gopher free.
- Year founded: 2001
- Number of bottles produced: <12.000
- In charge of winemaking: Sheila Nicholas
- In charge of vineyard management: Nick Nicholas
- Name of Company contact: Sheila Nicholas
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +1 (503) 537-9150
- Website: https://anamcaracellars.com
306 N Main Street
Newberg, Oregon 97132USA