The journey in creating Giornata started with a dream to create wines from Italian grapes grown in California employing the sensibility and philosophy of Italian winemaking. We work with the same grape vines (clonal material) as the best producers in Italy. The Central Coast of California posseses many of the attributes of the top wine growing regions of Italy.
Our winemaking style leans more Italian than Californian in that we favor wines with balance and subtlety rather than intensity and extraction. We pick our grapes at lower sugar levels and handle our must gently in the cellar, thus resulting in wines that belong on the Italian dinner table possesing both ample acidity and tannin. Traveling to Italy on a regular basis, we continue to receive feedback on our efforts while researching Italian winemaking and viticultural methods.
- Number of bottles produced: 54.000
- In charge of winemaking: Brian Terrizzi
- In charge of vineyard management: Stephy Terrizzi
- Name of Company contact: Stephy Terrizzi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +1 8054343075
- Website: https://www.giornatawine.com/
470 Marquita Ave
93446 CA USA