Smith-Madrone Vineyards & Winery
Smith-Madrone is one of Napa Valley’s authentically artisanal wineries, founded in 1971 by Stuart Smith.
Winemaking and grape-growing are handled entirely by the two brother-proprietors, Stuart and Charles Smith, iconoclasts known for their staunch adherence to dry farming on their mountain vineyard. Stu’s son Sam Smith is the winery’s Assistant Winemaker.
All of Smith-Madrone’s wines come from the 38 acres of estate vineyards surrounding the winery, planted 48 years ago by Stuart and Charles.
The vineyards extend across steep mountainsides, at elevations between 1,300 and 1,900 feet, on slopes angling up to 34% at the top of the Spring Mountain District appellation in the Napa Valley. Total production each year is less than 4,000 cases.
- Year founded: 1971
- Number of bottles produced: 48.000
- In charge of winemaking: Charles Smith
- In charge of vineyard management: Stuart Smith
- Name of Company contact: Julie Ann Kodmur
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +1 707 963-2283
- Website: https://www.smithmadrone.com
4022 SpringMountain RoadSt. HelenaCA 9457 USA