The “KR” on our barn is a well-known landmark of old time Paso Robles. The Kentucky Ranch- our home, winery, vineyard and gardens was part of a 4,000 acre Spanish Land Grant until 1869 after which it became a thriving horse breeding operation.
Our ranch includes the 1920’s KR barn, outbuildings, our home, barley fields and riparian habitat for deer, coyotes, bobcats, turkeys and the occasional mountain lion. The vineyard was planted in Spring of 2007, it consists of Zinfandel and Petite Sirah.
Since 2004 Thacher Winery with the grasshopper label, has been hand crafting wines from superb vineyards found on the Westside of Paso Robles and in Southern Monterey County. Our boutique production of Rhone blends and Zinfandels demonstrate local subtleties and true westside terroir.
Construction of the tasting room and 4600 square foot, solar powered winery was completed in 2008, just in time for our fourth harvest of about 33 tons of premium wine grapes.
- Year founded: 2004
- Number of bottles produced: 60.000
- In charge of winemaking: Sherman Thacher
- In charge of vineyard management: Sherman Thacher
- Name of Company contact: Tony Quealy
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +1.805.237.0087
- Website: https://www.thacherwinery.com
8355 Vineyard DrivePaso Robles, California 93446USA