One cannot mention La Bri, without referring to the past, as the property is an essential piece of South African wine history and culture.
Small boutique estate established in 1694 , the name 'La Bri' probably comes from the French region, but we prefer the French translation of 'the refuge', a perfect name for this property, as it is securely situated in the impressive amphitheater of the Franschhoek valley.
New vineyards have been gradually replanted over the years, a new cellar was built in 2007 and the labels have been redesigned.
New owners from Germany June 2022 then introduced Double Door range, quirly unusual wines.
Installing Solar to run the farm in 2023 and all farm water is borehole.
All wines are vegan friendly and flower labels, unique to La Bri, all are endemic to western cape and tell story about the wine.
- Number of bottles produced: 10.000
- In charge of winemaking: Irene de Fleuriot
- In charge of vineyard management: Gerard Olivier
- Name of Company contact: Irene de Fleuriot
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +27 2187 62593
- Website: https://labri.co.za/?v=e4dd286dc7d7
La Bri Wine